Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mission: Office and Back Completed

I left the office at 1:20 and was standing in the front office at the apt complex at 2:05. I walked up one of the streets instead of riding but pushing the bike kept the distance goin', official distance is 12.4 miles and total ride time was 1:20 which means it's about 40 minutes one way in my current condition. I would like to see that under 50 minutes, or 25 minutes one way. Then I'll be in direct competition with driving as far as commute time goes. I also rode back in the rain. Most of the trail in Reston is under high voltage lines and the sizzling / crackling makes me think about brain tumors and lightning strikes...

Today's summary:
It can be done and I can do it even if it isn't efficient to stick to streets with sidewalks.
Riding in the rain isn't bad at all.
Riding on pavement after a breif rain in the summer is miserable.
I'll have to keep some powerade at the office and initially plan on my commute taking 1 hour one way.
The office has a shower and lockers big enough to use clothes hangers.
Stuart with WFI thinks I'm a hoodlum who broke into the building and doesn't believe my company actually exists in the building... "Edge Media you say?"
I saw more people at the office building today then I do on weekdays...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raise the roof for finally getting a bicycle! ;)