Friday, July 18, 2008

A sample of what I do now...

I spend most of my days building flash engines to display data feeds from our custom CMS in a visually interesting manner. And I sneak on here to post ;) This is one of the more complex engines I've wrote and features my transition engine to manage mask placements to reveal the next image. More on that in another post...

Tech Specs:
65k due to 2 embedded fonts, no preloader
700px x 210px
dynamic images and text from our webservice
8 sec auto cycle if more than 1 image
ActionScript 2.0

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.leetrout.com/featuresEngine/

3 comments:

Ben Harrison said...

Good job! It looks classy; real nice for a church. Univers was a nice font choice, btw.

Is that AS2.0?

Lee said...

Yea, it's AS2

Ben Harrison said...

One thing I just learned, and you probably already know, but I'll tell you just in case it may help:

Adding a timestamp variable sorta like this "&time=21354681355" to the URL forces flash to load fresh data instead of pulling it from cache. This can be handy if you're loading dynamic data.